So I have been thinking about making pixel dolls for a while now. Many like to draw on clothes and dress them or use them in games etc. I hardly ever see a buff guy though, usually a lot of seme and uke types for yaoi and shounen-ai pixel doll manga’s online. Or I see the skinny adorable ones for shoujo stuff. Anyway, all that aside I decided to make some for free and commercial use.
Steal the, eat them, whatever just have fun with them ^w^ Of course I would love credit where credit is due but it’s not necessary. Also I would absolutely adore to see what you can make with them! Also feel free to edit or alter in anyway you want. Chop of the heads and replace with a new one, whatever you want!
Before I forget I used GraphicsGale to make these dolls. I used the freeware version and turned the grid on and off to align everything. I tried to record it but I had no success. Great program btw. Excellent use for RPG Maker VX and XP. If I had $25 I’d buy the full program.
Help Launch ProjectTrinity’s Biggest GameImage By annria2002. Made for my game. I’ll be commissioning her for the entire game if we successfully fun this project enough.
The link above leads to a crowdfunding project for our upcoming game called “Mesto Accelerando”. Crowdfunding is basically where supporters can spend money (even just a $1) in “fueling” someone’s project. In return, they get little goodies that, depending on the person, can be very personal or helpful while relating to the actual project. For this one, I’m offering soundtracks, albums, and even original composi
That thumb leads to the original journal. They’re working on what looks like a pretty awesome game and I’d love to see them succeed but it would be best if you visited the journal for the full info. Great art as well. It would be lovely if you guys could spread the word to
I’m willing to bribe you guys with free full scale commissions. I’ll do it if you donate or write up a feature journal. Endless slots. I’m not putting a limit but first come first served and I’ll put your name in this journal so I can keep track. If there’s no names then I’ll be a very sad panda T^T
Image via Wikipedia
Please go here for a visual tutorial. Today this one is words only.
- For bigger sprites in RPG Maker VX you will need to export one of the sprite sets provided as a sizing guide and in order for it to work properly when you import your own set.
- After you export, take it to photoshop or GIMP.
- Set up some guides based on the position of the original set to give you a size to work within without errors later when you import
- Change to RBG mode to use layers. Either make a new layer and discard the sprites so you can make your own or edit the current ones if you can’t draw very well though I recommend trying to make your own.
- Keeping constraint proportions ON resize the sprites.
- Save as PNG!!
- Import your larger sprites
- Change your character sprite to the larger one you imported
- In the editor preview the head will appear squished but don’t worry it is working.
- Test run the game to see your larger sprite in action.
- make sure to run up, down, left and right to make sure you did align it properly. If not then you will have little extras like the hair under the feet when it runs and you may have to go back and forth etc
And that’s all. Very brief I know but I don’t want to over explain it. Take it slow, you will get use to it. Have fun making new sized sprites and enemies of all heights.
Image via Wikipedia
I may as well make my 50th post the clipping tutorial. It’s a bit lengthy but it’s more than one thing to use it for and boy is it useful! I use it for everything now. Textures, shading skin and hair, clothing and adding pretty lighting effects. Everything!
Also I’m going to add tutorials about RPG maker. Either XP or VX. I have both. Both of which I have managed to resize the sprites to something visible and both of which I have been able to up the overall appearance and qaulity instead of all pixel and I will share how later on when I have the time to cap it all.
Any request, drop a comment. Also one on drawing abs is lined up to be posted as well. I owe a friend or two that one ;D
Dating sim tutorial for RPG maker XP or VX, works in both. After searching EVERYWHERE with no success, I had one good idea, I found a way to do it as well as an option for pretty good looking cutscenes. Enjoy, click for full view, any questions just ask ^^