As the title suggests, this post is about an IK Rig I’ve been tinkering with. I’ve never once gotten it to work until recently when the penny finally dropped. I don’t completely understand it, but I officially know more now than my entire time using Blender for almost a decade. I just avoided it at first, then bugs, then issues, then lag but now with Blender 2.8 and all of it’s changes and enhancements and massive speed boost, I tried again.
And it worked. It’s not a perfect animation, but it works. It works how it’s supposed to and how I expected it to and fortunately these rules apply to other 2D software that also uses bones. I’ve now gotten IK rigs to work in both 2D and 3D. I’ve been self learning, self taught animation for years before I started finding tutorials as I slowly teach myself to animation in both 2D and 3D and today I just finally feel like I’m making huge progress. I do hope to one day do something worth completing and posting.