I have never been able to do this, despite using it for years. This frequently made me more or less refuse to use the program. But I figured it out. Everyone else, it worked fine but not me. So try this if everything else suggested has failed.
- Download ffmpeg
- Create a folder in your Pencil2D directory called “plugins”. I think on Windows it’s case sensitive so use all lowercase.
- Unzip all of ffmpeg into the plugins directory.
- Find a file called ff-prompt. Run it!! If you don’t Pencil won’t find it.
- Find the ffmpeg exe file in the Bin folder. Copy it. Go back to the plugins folder.
- Paste the ffmpeg exe there. I’ve tried it other ways.
- Now you should be able to export and Pencil2D should be able to find and use ffmpeg now.
I tried EVERYTHING suggested. Followed every tutorial meticulously! I even ran prompt. This is the only thing that has worked currently for me and I’m not the only user having video export issues.
As of writting this, this method has worked on the current stable release 0.5.4. Beta and the previous version