So I’m in a bit of a food fussy mood. Having loads of headaches again because it goes hand in hand with heyfever and it’s left me food fussy. I want chocolate and sugary sweets one day then nothing next. Everything is out to since it’s spring here in Australia. The mango’s aren’t exactly cheap right now but soon they will be ripe and a good price so in the meantime it’s been apples and strawberries. On the weekend my fiance bought exactly that along with some really nice low fat greek yoghurt.
If you know me, you know that I LOVE greek yoghurt. Beside all natural I love it’s tangy taste and sometimes I get the stronger more sour one to use instead of sour cream. Lately however I’ve been using it in a variety of smoothies for flavour and to thicken my shakes instead of using ice-cream but too it’s been hot so I’ve used a little ice-cream a few times. But here’s what I have made so far and sorry for no photo’s. I need new batteries for my camera. I have like a bullet blender so it’s already a cup, or large cup so I put my ingredients from the order I write all the way to the top then blend so you’ll have to add your own milk accordingly since I sadly didn’t measure it.
Nutmeg, oats and greek yoghurt smothie:
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1banana diced (optional)
- 1teaspoon of honey
- freshly grated nutmeg, about a pinch or to your liking
- 2-3 large spoon full of greek yoghurt or to your taste
- Milk or Soy milk or Rice milk or Almond milk. So far the winning combination for me is soy or almond milk.
- Blend and enjoy
Apple Greek Yoghurt Smoothie:
- 1 whole apple
- 1/3 cup or 1/4 cup of ice cream
- 3 large spoonful of greek yoghurt
- Milk or Rice milk or Soy milk or Almond milk. Particularly nice with low fat or skim milk and very nice with soy milk.
- If you need sweetening I recommend honey or 1-2 teaspoons of raw natural sugar.
Strawberry, Greek Yoghurt Smoothie:
- About 1 cup or half a cup of strawberries.
- 1/3 cup of light or low fat ice-cream
- 2-3 big spoonfulls of greek yoghurt
- Milk or Rice milk or Soy milk or Almond milk
Green Tea Banana Smoothie
- Matcha Green Tea- cooking grade if possible and about 1-2 teaspoons depending on how much you plan to make
- 1 whole banana
- A little bit of ice-cream is optional
- Soy milk. Other milks optional but I like it best with soy.
- If you need sweetening, honey.
A few other things I have added to these mixes has been cardamon pods, cinnamon and vanilla bean or vanilla essence if I didn’t have the bean. Also a nice muslie mix with dried fruits and various oats on the top for topping. But I’m out of it now and need to get more. My favourites so far have been the apple mix and the green tea smoothie. Next I’m going to see what I can do with mountain tea and camomile.
- Saint Smoothie (Ice-cream in a Blender) (cioccolatoscuro.wordpress.com)
- Low Hanging Fruit: 5 Cheap Ways to Chill Out After School (phoenixfoodfighters.com)
- Smoothies (cheapnoms.wordpress.com)
- chocolate-banana ice cream (thebearandtheblackberry.wordpress.com)
- 5 Secret Smoothie Ingredients (health.usnews.com)